Growing up, I wasn't taught "self-love" but instead, "wives do this and that, moms do this and that". If you have ever heard such words, please, let me tell you, it is not true. Okay, well some part is, but withing reasoning. I'm not here to speak or give advice for marriages, nor am I a therapist but I know the importance of self-love.
Social media has created these perfect mothers, fathers, families, friends etc, but I want you to know that half of these "influencers" are using the platform to "monetize", and a successful "influencer" uses what people like to hear to engage and raise their views, and that way receive their income.
I wanted you to know this first before I continue, because learning how to self-love is about finding yourself first. Knowing what is it that you like and how will that fit in your schedule. What might work for others might not work for you and that's okay.
As long as we are breathing, there is options. You can try different options every single day until you get your routine going. By doing this, you are putting yourself first. Whether you do it in the mornings before everyone starts their day or by taking some time after school or work, (yes that includes housewives because it's practically a job).
Not everyone life is the same. Some of us are mothers, students or workers. Once you find the time that best works for you, get into your likings, it can be, having more time to fix your hair the way you seen someone else do it, or do that workout that you've been procrastinating. Read a box or grab a coffee.
A few of inspirations, can be from books, tv shows, social media, YouTube, the list is long. That is why I recommend self-love books blog and this practice blog that gives you 50 ways, really quick reading to get you moving.
Understanding that you come first, is the first step. Knowing who is the best inspirations comes next and getting into doing something for yourself last, should be the best steps to start self-love.


Hi Cynthia, I totally agree with you. I believe social media ruins a lot of stuff because in my opinion, it doesn't show the full reality in life. Self-love takes a lot of work, but It’s definitely worth it to love yourself!
ReplyDeleteHey Cynthia, I found your blog about self love interesting. After reading, I feel I need to incorporate more things that I enjoy into my schedule to improve my self love and to not feel guilty doing them, especially early in the morning.
ReplyDeleteCynthia--Your blog is looking really great so far. Engaging layout and format. Clear voice and authentic tone. Personable and thoughtful. Interesting topics and content. Keep developing and analyzing and connecting to your audience. Keep editing carefully. Great work! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete